Tuesday 5 November 2013

Chia Pets Do What & The Tooth Fairy Makes How Much?

First of all I would like to say how surprised I am that people are actually reading this blog. I honestly thought it would be my Mom reading it telling me how darling I was, because as a Mom it's naturally your job to make your kids feel way cooler then they ever actually will be. But apparently this blog has been viewed 441 times.... I'm sorry to all those people who will not be getting those four minutes of their life back.

Okay, shall we move on? 
...Yeah, I thought so.

Let's start by covering the key events that have occurred over the past few days.

1. I died my hair brown, and still don't know why.
2. Ali got a tooth.
3. I put up our Christmas tree, and also still don't know why.
4. Discovered chia seeds don't grow chia pets in your stomach.
5. Have yet to start studying for my mid-term in two days.
        -Once again, not sure why.

Exciting list hey? You can tell me how jealous you are of my super exciting life whenever you want. The fact that I spent hours hand writing addresses on sixty-seven envelopes today is a fine example of what excitement truly means.

1. So about that brown hair thing. I wouldn't say that its
due to a mid, mid life crisis.. or at least I hope not. It's really a reflection of how lazy I am when it comes to hair. Less bleach = less work. And according to my friend Jenny, I no longer look like your typical young Mom; I look like a young Mom who is ready to get down to business. Now someone just needs to provide me with some business to get down on. 

2. I stuck my finger in Ali's mouth and found a tooth. Then Derek and I discussed how the going rate of the tooth fairy must be something ridiculous like $5.00 these days. Kids just don't know how good they have it. My kids are going to get a letter telling them they will not receive their payment until their room has been cleaned. Signed by the tooth fairy of course.

3. We were bored on Sunday so we made the trek to Walmart, and Derek let me get a Christmas tree!!
I think he thought it was going in the basement for at least another month but somehow it wound up out of the box, set up and decorated in our living room. I say stores shouldn't sell Christmas stuff before December because its really just an open invitations for all the crazies (like me) to get an unnecessarily early start at decorating.


4. So I started eating chia seeds this week after hearing how
good they are for your digestive system and I couldn't help but to have this awful image of a friendly chia pet growing in my stomach. But to my surprise no such non-sense occurred. In fact, they do the complete opposite, they remove all the chia pet-like fuzzies from you intestinal track. Gross, but kind of cool.

5. Instead, I wrote this, thought far too long and hard about chia seeds and stared at a fake tree covered in pretty lights for hours. Procrastination really is an amazingly cruel thing. Now the next two days is going to be filled with a cranky teething six month old, an abundance of studying, a spray tan, taking Ali to get her six month shots and trying to prepare to go to Vegas in three days. 

I honestly just realized all that I am having to do over the next few days. So on that note, I'm going to go study. Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment